[SciPy-dev] scikits odes example planarpendulum_ida.py

Benny Malengier benny.malengier@gmail....
Wed Apr 29 08:46:59 CDT 2009

Nils,

As you appear to be interested. You think it would be usefull to add cvode
as an ode integrator as is done here for ida? That is the present version of
the old fortran vode used in odepack of scipy (
https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/sundials/main.html).

This is all possible thanks to the great work of the people of pysundials.
Working with pysundials directly however means you need to understand the
sundials method clearly. Wrapping this wrapper as done in the odesIDA solver
makes calling it from the known numpy syntax really easy.

For all those interested, I only add features of the solvers as I need them
myself in my research, so no Krylov solvers or sensitivity and such. It
would be easy to add though, should people want to collaborate in extending
the possibilities, just let me know.

Benny