[SciPy-dev] SciPy Foundation

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Sat Aug 1 16:56:52 CDT 2009

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Tommy Grav <tgrav@mac.com> wrote:

> Making scipy into a tool for science and engineering is in
> my opinion
> a to broad a
> goal. Making into a set of tools that are useable in many
> fields and
> thus supporting
> development of field specific packages is in again my
> opinion the way
> to go.

Please clarify what you see as the difference between these two - to me, on the surface of it, your goal statement is no more "focused" nor "self-contained" than Joe's.  Perhaps if you clarify what you see as the differences, we all may discover that your vision and Joe's actually aren't that far apart.

DG