[SciPy-dev] SciPy Foundation

alan@ajackso... alan@ajackso...
Sun Aug 2 16:03:44 CDT 2009

---------------8< snip -------------------

---------------8< snip -------------------
>-Neil

I'd like to echo these comments. I have been working for several years now to
get people in my company to use python, numpy, scipy, etc, and have made
progress, but the biggest battle I fight is with the Matlab people. Pretty
nearly every person we hire just out of school, and every summer intern comes
to us as a Matlab user, due to the excellent job Matlab has done with cheap
academic licenses. Anything we can do do get professors to start using the
python suite so that their students will learn and use it will pay great
dividends in the future.

- Alan