[SciPy-dev] SciPy Foundation

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu@aero.iitb.ac...
Mon Aug 3 12:20:28 CDT 2009

On 07/31/09 22:36, Joe Harrington wrote:
> About sixteen months ago, I launched the SciPy Documentation Project
> and its Marathon.  Dozens pitched in and now numpy docs are rapidly
> approaching a professional level.  The "pink wave" ("Needs Review"
> status) is at 56% today!  There is consensus among doc writers that
> much of the rest can be labeled in the "unimportant" category, so
> we're close to starting the review push (hold your fire, there is a
> web site mod to be done first).
>
> We're also nearing the end of the summer, and it's time to look ahead.
> The path for docs is clear, but the path for SciPy is not.  I think
> our weakest area right now is organization of the project.  There is
> no consensus-based plan for improvement of the whole toward a stated
> goal, no centralized coordination of work, and no funded work focused
> on many of our weaknesses, notwithstanding my doc effort and what
> Enthought does for code.

Thank you for your efforts!

I believe I will be able to help this effort in various ways over the
next few years from India as part of a large government grant.  I do not
have the time to discuss it here at the moment but I will be at SciPy09
and would love to discuss it there in person.  I will also be talking
briefly about our overall goals there.  Specifically see:

  http://conference.scipy.org/abstract?id=13

regards,
prabhu