[SciPy-dev] Where is numpy.generic defined?

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Wed Aug 12 11:45:20 CDT 2009

Thanks, Robert.

"It's just the abstract base class for the scalar types."

I understood that; so, are it's attributes "empty" virtuals "waiting" to be overridden?  If yes, are there any exceptions (i.e., "substantive" attributes that should actually have non-trivial docstrings)?  Indeed, is it your opinion that all attributes of the generic namespace should actually be classified as "Unimportant" (w.r.t. to the doc Wiki)?

Thanks again,

DG