[SciPy-dev] SciPy Foundation

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen@lpta.in2p3...
Sun Aug 16 12:01:13 CDT 2009

Hi Joe, just one quick comment : I really think that you cannot use
scipy name without certainly creating misunderstandings down the line.
It is crazy in my mind to rely on 2 upper/lowercases to differentiate 2
different "objects". I do not like the difference package/toolstack
either. For one thing you may have more confusion coming from the non
English native speakers than you really wish!
Why no Py4Science? It does convey the ultimate goal of this effort, and
I only saw it in the context of ipython and matplotlib : first hit from
google is http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Py4Science which was a practical
workshop in python usage for scientific work (I think content still
lives in matplotlib SVN).

anyway, my two cents.....

Johann