[SciPy-dev] Plea for help

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Wed Aug 19 10:34:42 CDT 2009

Does anyone have a detailed knowledge/understanding of chararray?  Much of what is left to document has literally zero documentation from which to begin; I'm having mixed luck figuring things out using trial-and-error; I'm finding the code to be more "buggy" than average; and Travis - original author of most of it - doesn't recollect it well, says it was added in haste, and is presently busy.  And frankly, why is this even in NumPy: IMO, it should be deprecated, or moved to SciPy.

DG