[SciPy-dev] Plea for help

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Wed Aug 19 22:03:16 CDT 2009

I'm going to take it a step further: "breakage" is always the deterrent to change, and yet "change we must" (i.e., "adapt or die").  It's certainly not without precedent - even within Numpy, I believe - for things (though perhaps not whole namespaces) to be deemed "to-be-deprecated," have a warning to this effect established in one x.[even #].0 release, and then be removed by the x.[even # + 2 or + 4].0 release.  How has deprecation in Numpy worked in the past - by dictum, vote, or consensus?

DG