[SciPy-dev] Problems packaging GSoC statsmodels code as scikit

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sat Aug 22 12:56:58 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Robert Kern<robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:28, Skipper Seabold<jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it bad form to make package.test_linux() pass an argument to the
>> shell with the --exe option for nosetests, assuming there is a check
>> for the version of nosetests?  I suppose I could just add a note to
>> the README.
>
> NoseTester.test() takes an extra_argv argument that can be used to
> pass in --exe.

Is it passed as a string?  Judging by the code it should be, but I'm still not
having any luck.

in the package level __init__.py I have

from numpy.testing import Tester
test = Tester.test(extra_argv="--exe")

I then get OSerrors when I install and try to import the package about
there being no such modules '-', '-', 'e', ... in my home directory(?)

Skipper