[SciPy-dev] draft: NumPy User Guide introduction

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Sun Aug 23 17:53:52 CDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Charles R
Harris<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> but for
> maintainence and development I think that functions make it easier to add
> functionality without bloating the ndarray object.

Why do you say that adding methods bloat the ndarray object? Adding
functions bloats the numpy namespace,
adding methods bloat the numpy.ndarray namespace... In both cases you
are just populating a dict... What's the difference for you?

> And figuring out what
> all the desireable methods are up front is a difficult exercise in
> prospective design.

I think you are going to be faced to such difficulties when deciding
desirable functions for the numpy namespace.

Lisandro Dalcín