[SciPy-dev] Please help!

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Wed Aug 26 09:27:04 CDT 2009

> 2009/8/26 David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Fernando Perez<fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The bad news is nothing much seems to be happening upstream.  The good
>> news is that  Matthew  Brett has  been pushing for ways to help with
>> this, and both David Cournapeau and Ondrej stepped up to fight it,
>> and  I think they've finally made progress (David told me on Friday
>> afternoon at the conference that they'd been able to crack some of the
>> problems related to the build).  I'm sure they'll post soon with more
>> details.
>
> I have uploaded an experimental version of atlas 3.8.3 for i386 and amd64:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~david-ar/+archive/ppa
>
> There are still some rough edges, but it solves the aforementioned
> problem. Thanks to Ondrej and Pauli for the packaging help as well,

The fixed ATLAS builds work perfectly on my 32bit Jaunty system.

After rebuilding NumPy...

scott@paragon:~$ python -c "import numpy; numpy.test()"
Running unit tests for numpy
NumPy version 1.4.0.dev
NumPy is installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy
Python version 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:56:41) [GCC 4.3.3]
nose version 0.11.1
Ran 2186 tests in 14.985s

OK (KNOWNFAIL=1, SKIP=11)

There used to be 16 failures related to complex math.

Thanks!
Scott