[SciPy-dev] slow setitem

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Wed Dec 2 14:44:02 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> If you get time, you should know that you can easily improve the scipy
> documentation:
>
>  1) Read http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/
>  2) Get a login
>  3) On the page: http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/sparse.html
>    (or any other documentation page) click on the 'edit page' link,
>    on the bottom left.
>
> As you have experienced, there is a welth of knowledge to acquire to be
> efficient with numerical calculation. Presenting it to the user in a way
> that he finds it quickly without being drowned by needless information is
> hard. Input from a user that has just gone through the process of
> learning is invaluable.

Many moons ago I started writing more comprehensive scipy.sparse
documentation on the wiki:
http://www.scipy.org/SciPyPackages/Sparse

That content is still accurate so it can be merged into the new documentation.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
http://www.wnbell.com/