[SciPy-dev] What instructions should I give scikits.bvp_solver users to get gfortran?

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp@iki...
Mon Dec 7 03:56:37 CST 2009

Sun, 06 Dec 2009 19:52:49 -0800, John Salvatier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently mostly completed by boundary problem solver scikit (
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikits.bvp_solver) and someone mentioned to
> me that it would be useful to provide instructions for getting gfortran
> in my documentation (http://packages.python.org/scikits.bvp_solver/).
> What instructions should I give my readers? For mac users, I suspect the
> best instructions are to tell them to use the Scipy Superpack, but I
> don't know what I should tell Windows users.

Windows users are well off with Python(x,y), it comes with GFortran.
I believe also the newer (newest?) Mingw's come with GFortran, but I'm
not sure right now.

There are also some GFortran Windows binaries linked to from GCC's wiki.

Linux users of course should use the GFortran shipped with their
distribution.

--
Pauli Virtanen