[SciPy-dev] Any particular IDE ?

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision...
Tue Dec 8 02:54:57 CST 2009

Arkapravo Bhaumik wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
> Just wanted to ask you, for python specific do you all recommend any
> particular IDE ?
>
> I have been using Dr.Python (which is WOW ! ) , Scite and recently
> trying out Komodo IDE. I have seen there is a great drive to use eclipse
> , in the industry. What IDE you guys use ?

I'm regularly switching between eclipse+pydev (sweet but bloated & a
little slow sometimes) and ulipad, which is a lot snappier (and, next to
pydev, really one of the best python editors imho, lots and lots better
than all these others that I also tried) but which lacks some of
eclipse' visual appeal...

Vincent.