[SciPy-dev] XXX in basics.types.rst

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Wed Dec 16 17:36:46 CST 2009

Essentially the same issue I just posted about vis-a-vis basics.rst.
(I just confirmed that this is the only other "XXX" item w/ this
particular issue.)

DG

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Subject: XXX in basics.rst
To: scipy-dev@scipy.org

"Note XXX: there is overlap between this text extracted from numpy.doc
and "Guide to Numpy" chapter 2. Needs combining?"

Opinions?  What, ultimately, is to be the relationship between "Guide
to Numpy" and the "real-time" docs: do we want to preserve this
duplication of content, e.g., for user convenience, or consolidate?
If the latter, does that imply that we either: a) delete this file
(basics.rst) and direct users seeking this content to GtN, Chap. 2; or
b) ask Travis to modify (or for permission to modify) GtN; or is there
another "combining" alternative I'm not seeing?

DG