[SciPy-dev] XXX in basics.rst

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Sat Dec 26 10:24:20 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:35 AM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Note XXX: there is overlap between this text extracted from numpy.doc
> and "Guide to Numpy" chapter 2. Needs combining?"
>
> Opinions?  What, ultimately, is to be the relationship between "Guide
> to Numpy" and the "real-time" docs: do we want to preserve this
> duplication of content, e.g., for user convenience, or consolidate?
> If the latter, does that imply that we either: a) delete this file
> (basics.rst) and direct users seeking this content to GtN, Chap. 2; or
> b) ask Travis to modify (or for permission to modify) GtN; or is there
> another "combining" alternative I'm not seeing?

GtN is a static document and all new documentation will be written
using the new documentation system.  Travis has granted permission to
take any text you want from GtN when working on the new documentation.
 Once the new documentation progresses to the point that it surpasses
the GtN, we can mark the new user and reference guides as "Mature" and
mark GtN as "Old" or something similar.

Regards,

--
Jarrod Millman