[SciPy-dev] some scipy.interpolate functions appear to be inaccessible

Tom Grydeland tom.grydeland@gmail....
Mon Feb 9 05:39:41 CST 2009

Hi developers,

I tried figuring out how to use scipy.interpolate to create cubic
splines with "natural" boundary conditions (i.e. y'' = 0 at the end
points), but failed.  When I look in the source file for
scipy/interpolate/interpolate.py it certainly looks like there is code
to create the tridiagonal system to solve for such splines (
_get_spline3_Bb()), but this function appears to be orphaned.  There
are a number of functions _find_xxx() that do nothing except raise
NotImplementedError, although these should be called from splmake(),
from the looks of it.

Does anyone know the intended structure of these functions?  I could
try to make them work, given a roadmap.

Regards,

--
Tom Grydeland