[SciPy-dev] Bessel functions from Boost

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Feb 10 12:31:30 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:39:09 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> [clip: tests for special functions]
>> I started to work on this, actually. Getting the test data is easy, but
>> there is still some manual work to know which function is used for which
>> data (it does not look like the files are consistent enough so that the
>> mapping data file -> function tested can be done automatically).
>>
>> Shall I integrate this into scipy ?
>
> Please do. It can't hurt to have better tests. And we can have them
> committed even before we start to fix any bugs they expose.

I started a branch, special_refactor. I added all the converted Boost
data set (the .ipp files to .csv), plus the small python script I used
to generate them. I started implementing the corresponding tests - but
this takes some time, because of all this template stuff which is
awkward to follow. The only thing to do is to find which function is
called for which test with which parameter - someone more familiar
with boost could to this much faster, I guess.

David