[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] rgb_to_hsv in scipy.misc ? (was: Optimizing speed for large-array inter-element algorithms (specifically, color space conversion))

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Feb 18 14:46:23 CST 2009

Hi Nicolas

2009/2/18 Nicolas Pinto <pinto@mit.edu>:
> Would it be possible to include the following rgb to hsv conversion code in
> scipy (probably in misc along with misc.imread, etc.) ?

I think SciPy could do with some more image processing algorithms.
Would anyone mind if we added this sort of thing to the ndimage
namespace?  I'd also like to make available `imread` in that module.

If there aren't any objections, I'd gladly help integrate the color
conversion code.

Regards
Stéfan