[SciPy-dev] [OT] Skipping a function wronlgy identified by nose

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 19 15:34:49 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 15:31, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> Sorry, this is off topic, but I know there are many nose users on this
> mailing list.
>
> Here is the problem: in our library, we have a perfectly valid function
> that is called 'onesample_test'. Due to the name, nose identifies it as a
> function (also because it is defined in a file called
> 'statistical_test.py').
>
> Does anybody have an idea of what the right way to tell nose to skip it
> is? Nose is passing it the wrong number of arguments, and as a result it
> is appearing as a bogus error in the test suite.

Some combination of these should be useful to you.

  -m TESTMATCH, --match=TESTMATCH, --testmatch=TESTMATCH
                        Use this regular expression to find tests
                        [NOSE_TESTMATCH]
  -e EXCLUDE, --exclude=EXCLUDE
                        Don't run tests that match regular expression
                        [NOSE_EXCLUDE]
  -i INCLUDE, --include=INCLUDE
                        Also run tests that match regular expression
                        [NOSE_INCLUDE]

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."