[SciPy-dev] Server problems: resetting with cronjob?

Sun Feb 22 15:27:03 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 01:11:52PM -0600, Peter Wang wrote:
> Lately the server has been experiencing abnormally high load, and we
> are devoting resources now to transitioning services from it to the
> new hardware at conference.scipy.org.  Today I will start working on
> moving the mailman mailing lists over, and then I will coordinate with
> admins of individual subdomains to move the websites, trac, and svn
> repositories to the new hardware.

I am just wondering if this will change anything. I'd like to know where
these high loads are coming from. I am afraid the same probems will come
up with the new server.

A maybe unrelated fact: the spammers are really devastating the moin
instance. I don't know what to do about this. Cleaning it up takes ages,
especially with how reactive it is. :(.

Gaël