[SciPy-dev] some new ode solvers

Rob Clewley rob.clewley@gmail....
Mon Feb 23 12:50:15 CST 2009

Hi John,

> Attached is a patch which adds two new ODE solvers to the
> scipy.integrate.ode module.
> The solvers are dopri5 and dop853, which are explicit Runge-Kutta
> pairs originally developed
> by Dormand and Prince. The fortran code was downloaded from:
>
> http://www.unige.ch/~hairer/software.html

This is good news, and the scipy module certainly needs an updated
API. I hope that previous discussions on this list about API changes
will be looked up as there were some good suggestions then.

I wonder how much extra work it would be to include H&W's stiff and
delayed ODE and DAE solvers such as Radau, Retard, and Hem? Those
would be of great value to Scipy users, I think, as there's little
high-level language support available for those AFAIK (Radau is in
PyDSTool but not the others).

Thanks,
Rob