Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Feb 23 13:42:44 CST 2009

Hi Nathan

2009/2/23 Nathan Bell <wnbell@gmail.com>:
> The collective time wasted by Fortran ABI problems *alone* is 10x more
> than that wasted by the problems you seek to remedy.  I've been using
> development versions of scipy for 2 years now and even I get burned by
> which fortran/BLAS/LAPACK I need to install.

I take your point.  Yet, developers can't fix bugs while they are
frustrated with the system.  We depend on David to look at these
issues (I don't know many people who get so excited about build
systems :-), so we should provide him (and ourselves!) with a pleasant
environment in which to do his/our work.

Regards
Stéfan