Mon Feb 23 16:54:04 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>wrote:

> 2009/2/24 Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi>:
> > I'm wondering if we would benefit from an official, pull-only,
> > automatically updating, Git mirror of the SVN repository:
>
> I'm still wondering what the advantages are of staying with SVN.  I
> haven't heard any compelling arguments so far, whereas we've heard
> numerous accounts from developers regarding the positive aspects of
> DVC systems.

Decent windows support via Tortoise and no need to learn a new system. Plus
no need to revamp the whole setup, which is always a bigger pain than one
plans for. The problems with the current system seem to be ticket tracking
and branches. I think the first thing to do is take a look at what sage is
doing and see if we can't refurbish our current system to make it more
useable.

Chuck