David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Feb 23 22:52:42 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Bill Baxter <wbaxter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Git on windows has improved a lot in the last year. Another year or two
>> might make it a good solution for everyone.
>
> I gave msys-Git a try last week and it was not smooth sailing for me.
> Seemed to maybe be having conflicts with the Unix tool ports I usually
> use.

IIRC, there is an option to check/uncheck to avoid this exact issue in
the installer. Concerning the bzr vs git thing, it is hard to really
know the problems without having used both of them extensively; a lot
are just "look how cool git is", look how cool bzr is. I wrote a
couple of months ago a comparison which totally omits the speed aspect
if that interests you:
http://cournape.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/going-away-from-bzr-toward-git/

David