[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Feb 24 17:28:30 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 15:13, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think at this point we would be better off trying to recruit at least one
> person to "own" each package. For new packages that is usually the person
> who committed it but we also need ownership of older packages. Someone with
> a personal stake in a package is likely to do more for quality assurance at
> this point than any amount of required review.

"Ownership" has a bad failure mode. Case in point: nominally, I am the
"owner" of scipy.stats and numpy.random and completely failed to move
Josef's patches along.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."