[SciPy-dev] Server spam problems spam spam: spam

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Feb 24 18:37:54 CST 2009

Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:58:27 -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
[clip]
>> Another thing is that there are apparently ca. 11600 pages in the
>> Scipy.org wiki. I'd make a wild guess that at most ~500 of these are
>> valid content; the rest is spam. I'm not sure if getting rid of the
>> spam pages improves Moin's performance.
>
> Probably. Are you volunteering? Peter can give you a shell account. If
> you are willing to take on the other upgrades Michael recommended, to
> add the Captcha, for instance, that would go well, too.

I can lend a hand here, if needed.

But I see Peter already managed to tackle a lot of spam pages (thanks!).
The wiki does feel more responsive now.

>> Do we have any valid pages with CJK characters? Much of the spam seems
>> Chinese, so mass-deleting at least this portion of it shouldn't be
>> impossible to do, given Moin's database format.
>
> The Chinese localized Moin help pages are valid, but that should be it.

Those are in the underlay/ (ie. they are stock pages that don't have
revision history yet), so this would mean that there should be no pages
in Chinese under data/.

--
Pauli Virtanen