Peter Wang pwang@enthought....
Tue Feb 24 23:32:43 CST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:40:27 -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
> [clip]
>> Pauli, you seem familiar with setting up a git-to-svn bridge. Can
>> you do
>> this?
>
> Sure. I'll need a box on which to deploy the update script, though.
> Would one (which?) of the virtual hosts of conference.scipy.org do?

We should refer to the machine as new.scipy.org; it's slightly more
apropos than "conference".
What is the desired URL of this bridge script?

> I'd guess what's needed of the web server would be only to enable
> CGI for
> a single script. When poked, it would then fetch new stuff from SVN
> and
> either
>
> - Push to github or some such service
> - Push to a HTTP location on the machine, served statically
> - Push to a HTTP location on the machine, served by gitweb (cgi)
>
> The first option is probably the easiest, if account/password issues
> can
> be sorted out. The second option is probably enough for practical
> purposes.
> Anyway, I'll think about the details tomorrow.

How does the above interact with, and what are the ramifications for:
- user accounts and permissions
- subdomains (git-to-svn for numpy and various scipy subdomains like
mpi4py, etc.)
- logging/monitoring (so we can detect if the CGI goes wrong/zombie/
berserk)

-Peter