[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Feb 25 01:51:02 CST 2009

2009/2/25  <josef.pktd@gmail.com>:
> A new workflow and code review might help, but if there is nobody, that
> adopts the orphaned subpackages, it will be just another place to store
> comments.

[...]

> But for now, I think, I still need to be able toget some bug fixes
> into stats without a large beaurocracy, or with an
> expiration date on any code review.

[...]

I don't see code review as a very formal process.  Review by a domain
expert would be ideal, but if such a person is not available a review
by any other programmer would do.

Here is the first patch I submitted for review:

http://codereview.appspot.com/1105

It touches only 5 lines of code in numpy/lib/function_base.py, and
functionally the patch was fine.  Note how the patch progressed with
the advice of Ondrej and Robert: spacing according to PEP8, and a
better way to referring to the list-type.  Once Robert pointed that
out, I also fixed another occurrence in the file.

If you see this measure of improvement on a 5 line patch, imagine the
positive impact it can have on a more complicated piece of code.

Regards
Stéfan