[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Wed Feb 25 16:58:17 CST 2009

Hi,

>> We set up a patch review policy.  The review involves checking for and
>> suggesting tests and documentation.  That's the default.  If you don't
>> want this to happen to your code, then you ask for an opt-out.
>>

> Who do you ask?

The release manager, I suppose, or the several people who are doing it.

> Who decides whether or not you get one?

Same, but, the threshold for someone who has already committed code
should be low.  It's clear that some people don't like working that
way - and that's fine.

> I think it's
> better to have a recommended policy of review but not a requirement.

Yes, right.  So the recommendation is of the form 'this is our usual
policy; if you would like to opt out of the policy, let us know, and
expect us to agree'.

See you,

Matthew