[SciPy-dev] Scikits portal suggestions (Was: The future of SciPy...)

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Feb 26 13:54:00 CST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:17:07 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> [clip]
>> I don't know if you've visited the portal to SciKits:
>> http://scikits.appspot.com.  If we can make any changes to facilitate
>> packaging, let me know.
>
> I think a couple of things should be done on the portal to make it
> feel
> more finished:
>
> 1. Write a blurb for all of the scikits. (I can also do this, if you
> tell
>   me how...) The portal page currently looks quite empty and somewhat
>   discouraging:
>
>   http://scikits.appspot.com/scikits
>
>   Or should this happen automatically via PyPi?

Mmh, scikits.timeseries is not on PyPi yet. The latest sources require
numpy 1.3.x, and I have to wait until 1.3 is officially released to
release our first official version.

> 3. PyPi links & instructions for packages that are not in PyPi should
>   be hidden.

Or updated: we have a fairly comprehensive doc on sourceforge
(pytseries.sourceforge.net). How can I update the page on
scikits.appspot.com ?