[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Thu Feb 26 13:55:50 CST 2009

Michael Abshoff wrote:
> I am not asking anyone to agree with me, I just wanted to point out
> things the Sage project has been doing and share some experience I have
> collected as the Sage release manager. There is no one-size fits all for
> a project and project specific culture as well as customs are hard to
> change, but it can be done. I believe that the Sage project has greatly
> benefited from the policy changes described above. Now you need to come
> to your own conclusions :)

Thank you for the detailed examples and for sharing your experiences.
This kind of feedback is very valuable.

One of the things I've admired about Sage is how much raw time people
seem to devote to writing code / building web-pages / and writing
documentation / tests.

Having someone with as much energy as William seems to me to make a big
difference.      That was my experience with the NumPy port as well.
Things move forward when there is someone spending a lot of time paying
attention and pushing.   *Just* the spare time of people causes projects
to move forward more slowly.

-Travis