Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Feb 26 23:37:46 CST 2009

Hi Travis

2009/2/27 Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>:
> My biggest concern is having a bunch of code sitting in a
> queue and not reviewed, nor committed --- or the review processes become
> too onerous and code not making it through because of what I would
> consider to be "ticky-tacky technicalities."

That's a very valid concern.  David and I are experimenting with
different issue trackers and plugins for trac, to see how best to
generate a "review pool".  I.e., what I'd like to see is that, if you
only have 5 minutes to work on SciPy in the evening, you can

a) Go to trac and click on "tickets for review"
b) Review a couple of tickets

or

a) Go to trac and click on "reviewed tickets"
b) Apply those patches

or

a) Go to trac and click on "unresolved issues"
b) Fix the bug
c) Upload the patch for review

Technically, (c) is a bit challenging.  I note your concern that it
would become difficult to check in, so what I would like is to have a
script such as

scipy-submit -t 212 -m "Do not deallocate memory after object disposal."

which then uploads the patch to the codereview site, and adds a link
to ticket 212 with the commit message and review URL.  All of this can
be done via the web, but I'd prefer to have a CLI available.

Do you have any suggestions or further concerns?

Thanks
Stéfan