Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Feb 27 03:18:22 CST 2009

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:22:55 +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
[clip]
> I've not contributed anything in years to scipy but I have a practical
> problem that might be worth addressing eventually (others might be in a
> similar position) -- my entire network is firewalled and I can only
> access the web behind an authenticated http proxy. The firewall does
> allow ssh connections out though but that seems useless to access a git
> repository hosted on github say.

Git can clone over HTTP, just change git:// to http:// and
it seems to work. I can also clone through a proxy with

	export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxy:port/
	git clone http://whatever

Pushing over HTTP is another question... It's probably not
possible to push to Github over HTTPS, but maybe there are
places that you can push to with only HTTP authentication.

--
Pauli Virtanen