[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri Feb 27 06:56:30 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Following the discussions, I have started to write a small document
> highlighting my current gripes with trac. I focus on some common
> scenario, and pin-point trac limitations. I mention possible new tools
> at the end, but that's not the main point: everybody who is also
> disatisfied with trac, and maybe even more importantly people who are
> currently satisfied and think their scenario is not covered should feel
> free to comment/modify it:
>
> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/ImprovingIssueWorkflow
>
> I put the initial version in svn as well:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/neps/newbugtracker.rst.
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Just two quick comments:

* I like the integration of the bug tracker and svn, browsing between
old tickets and revisions is pretty easy.  Similarly, integrated
timeline for svn and issue tracker makes tracking new code and issues
easy.

* eclipse integration with trac issues works well with mylyn, but I
haven't used it much and not for scipy,
  eclipse integration with svn is very good.

Josef