[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Feb 28 11:01:37 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:25 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I connected my eclipse mylyn with the scipy trac tickets and have
> tickets that are assigned to me on my local computer where I can mark
> them as read or unread. But for now I like the web interface better.

Different people, different workflows :) Web-UI is of course a must,
that's definitely easier for newcomers anyway (no need to install
anything). Some things could be improved in the WEB-UI as well: batch
editing, for example, is something I really like with redmine -
reassigning things in batch has to be done through SQL I believe.

> Also, since David mentioned sql queries in another thread, I set up a
> report that sorts tickets by change time. It helps to see which
> tickets where recently commented on. But since this is the first time,
> I do this, and I'm not very familiar with sql, this still needs
> improvements.

With trac 0.11, there will be no much need for SQL: there is finally a
user-friendly interface for advanced queries with trac macro systems.
This does not help much for batch editing, though. Maybe we will have
to implement our own plugin to trac if we stay with trac.

David