[SciPy-dev] tagging 0.7.0rc1 this weekend? (was Numerical Recipes ...)

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Sat Jan 3 01:18:43 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 2:02 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> The NR code review is basically complete.  All the NR copyright issues
> have been resolved (the only thing left is to verify that the
> docstrings clearly explain the code's relation to NR).  A big thanks
> to everyone who helped resolve the NR issues!
>
> Since this was the only thing blocking the release candidate, I am
> planning to create a 0.7.x branch and tag 0.7.0rc1 at the end of the
> weekend.  Once I branch for 0.7.x, the trunk will be open for 0.8
> development.

That's cool. I should hurry up with fixing the debian numpy 1.2.1
package, but I was ultra busy lately. If anyone is using Debian/Ubuntu
and would like to have the numpy 1.2.1 and scipy 0.7.0 (that depends
on it) and would like to help out, let me know. I most probably cannot
work on this for at least one more week.

Ondrej