[SciPy-dev] Stopping F2Py from generating verbose output

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jan 6 07:22:58 CST 2009

2009/1/6 Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee>:
> These messages are generated by f2py generated extension modules
> and there is no switch implemented to disable these messages
> because they are part of the exception. Sometimes the error message
> is not sufficient to determine the cause of the exception and
> printing out the actual values of the arguments is useful.
> IMHO, a proper solution would be to include the printed messages
> to the exception value instead of just removing them.

That sounds like a better plan.  The reason I wanted to remove them is
because they pop up everywhere during unit testing.  Would you like to
have a look at it?

Thanks for the pointer,
Stéfan