[SciPy-dev] Stopping F2Py from generating verbose output

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Tue Jan 6 09:52:16 CST 2009

On Tue, January 6, 2009 3:22 pm, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> 2009/1/6 Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee>:
>> These messages are generated by f2py generated extension modules
>> and there is no switch implemented to disable these messages
>> because they are part of the exception. Sometimes the error message
>> is not sufficient to determine the cause of the exception and
>> printing out the actual values of the arguments is useful.
>> IMHO, a proper solution would be to include the printed messages
>> to the exception value instead of just removing them.
>
> That sounds like a better plan.  The reason I wanted to remove them is
> because they pop up everywhere during unit testing.  Would you like to
> have a look at it?

Hmm, the messages should pop up only when there is a failure. If all
tests pass then the messages are shown by the tests checking the failures.
I'll take a look what I can do quickly in f2py if this is the case.

Pearu