[SciPy-dev] test errors blocking 0.7.x branch

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Jan 7 12:26:23 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/7 David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:
>> Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>>> Hi Jarrod,
>>>
>>> It won't be enough, the segfault will always be there unless the test
>>> is not executed or modified so that nothing is displayed.
>>
>> Do you know what causes the problem ? It is some bad interaction between
>> the MS C++ runtime and mingw for cout ?
>
> No, I don't know (I never use mingw), but I think there was much
> discussion here on the interactions between mingw and the C++ runtime
> causing segfaults, wasn't there ?
>
> Matthieu
> --
> Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
> Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/
> Blogs: http://matt.eifelle.com and http://blog.developpez.com/?blog=92
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthieubrucher

The changed test file with the skip decorator is missing `import sys`:

  File "C:\Programs\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scipy\weave\tests\test_ext_tools.
py", line 37, in TestExtModule
    @dec.knownfailureif(sys.platform == 'win32',
NameError: name 'sys' is not defined

(I didn't rebuild scipy, I just copied the test file into my install.)
With the skip, I get a KnownFailureTest error but no crash

Thanks

I think, Robert Kern mentioned that the crash with writing to cout  is
a bug in MingW 3.45

Josef