[SciPy-dev] default license for mathworks fileexchange ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jan 7 14:43:11 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 15:36,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't find much information for the default license for mathworks
> fileexchange ?
>
> Does anyone know what the license restriction for translated code from
> the fileexchange is if the m-file and the description don't contain
> any licensing information?

Contact the author.

> What's the policy for included translated code in scipy?

Get a suitable license for it if it is copyrightable.

> I guess there is no problem including translated code in cookbook recipes. ?

You should make the license status and the original source of the code clear.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco