[SciPy-dev] removing wx-related weave code (was test errors blocking 0.7.x branch)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu@aero.iitb.ac...
Thu Jan 8 07:42:09 CST 2009

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> 2009/1/8 Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu>:
>> fix these errors so there are only two options that I see:
>>
>> 1. Mark all the wx-related weave tests as known failures
>> 2. Remove the wx-related weave code and tests
>
> I made change #2, and took out the VTK wrapper as well (TVTK
> supercedes this functionality).  If anyone objects, feel free to
> revert.

As the author of the VTK weave wrapper, I object. I can't revert since I
do not have SVN access to scipy/numpy.  What the VTK wrapper for weave
does is let you embed c++ code which operates on a VTK Python object.
This is not something that TVTK does or provides for at all.  I think it
is useful functionality that is not available anywhere else and should
not be removed.

cheers,
prabhu