[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] Scipy 0.7, weave, windows

Daniel Wheeler daniel.wheeler2@gmail....
Mon Jan 12 13:59:52 CST 2009

Hi David,

I ran all the weave tests in FiPy (on windows) with the binary posted
and I get absolutley no errors. I was a little confused by this
because we generally get a mountain of doctest errors the first time
we run the weave tests. These are associated with the "weave
compiling" output noise. I deleted the ".python25_compiled" directory
and I only get one doctest error associated with the creation of that
directory. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that everything
seems cool and as an addition weave is no longer puking that annoying
"weave compiling" noise that breaks all the doctests.

Cheers

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Daniel Wheeler
> <daniel.wheeler2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the info. Would you mind testing it with scipy 0.7.x branch
>>> ? There are some test failures which showed some old code which could
>>> not have worked (like using python code which was removed from python
>>> svn 5 years ago), but as I am not a weave user myself, I can't really
>>> assess what's significant and what's not.
>>>
>>> I could make a binary installer if that makes it easier for you to test,
>>
>> That would be great if you have it set to build quickly and easily.
>> Don't fancy figuring out how to build scipy on windows. Cheers.
>
> No need to worry, I am the one who coded the tools for the windows
> binary installer, so hopefully I am still familiar with it :)
>
> Here we are:
>
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/archives/scipy/scipy-0.7.0.dev5410-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe
>
> David

Daniel Wheeler