[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] rgb_to_hsv in scipy.misc ? (was: Optimizing speed for large-array inter-element algorithms (specifically, color space conversion))

Damian Eads eads@soe.ucsc....
Tue Jul 7 11:48:54 CDT 2009

+1 on rgb_to_hsv making it into SciPy. I needed it recently for some
research code I'm working on.

+1 on imread. Stefan, do you have any thoughts on its interface? I'm
an advocate for making it as similar to MATLAB's interface as possible
to make it easier for people to switch from MATLAB to Python.