[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] rgb_to_hsv in scipy.misc ? (was: Optimizing speed for large-array inter-element algorithms (specifically, color space conversion))

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jul 7 12:16:14 CDT 2009

Hi Damian

2009/7/7 Damian Eads <eads@soe.ucsc.edu>:
> +1 on rgb_to_hsv making it into SciPy. I needed it recently for some
> research code I'm working on.

I've also needed that code recently, so I'd be glad to include it.

> +1 on imread. Stefan, do you have any thoughts on its interface? I'm
> an advocate for making it as similar to MATLAB's interface as possible
> to make it easier for people to switch from MATLAB to Python.

It's already in :-)  I'm open to any recommendations on the API.

Cheers
Stéfan