[SciPy-dev] Anybody to confirm a result in scipy.stats.distributions

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Jul 14 22:17:54 CDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 11:06 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 21:51, Pierre GM<pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
>> All,
>> Could anybody in/confirm the following result ? (scipy
>> 0.8.0.dev5845),
>>
>>  >>> import scipy.stats.distributions as dist
>>  >>> dist.gamma(4.).cdf(dist.gamma(4.).ppf(0.25))
>> 0.0
>
> I can confirm the bug. special.gammaincinv(x,y) appears to not like
> y=0.25 for any x, but any other y seems to be fine.

Excellent (well, quite the opposite, but at least it doesn't come from
me).
I created ticket #975.
Robert, thanks a lot for confirming. Meanwhile, I gonna work with
0.2500001 instead of 0.25.
P.