[SciPy-dev] Trac-ing backports

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jun 4 16:00:28 CDT 2009

Hi,

I noticed that keeping track of bugs to backport is a bit painful. Also
Trac isn't currently too helpful about this.

So, how should we deal with backports within Trac:

a) For each bug you think could be useful to backport, before closing the
   ticket, file a new "Backport #xxx to 0.y.z" ticket. Easy to forget,
   though, and a bit nasty with Numpy with its 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 1.2.x, 1.3.x,
   branches...

b) Add a custom field "Branches" that contains some custom format, such as
   "-1.3.x" before and "+1.3.x" after backporting. Add corresponding
   queries to Trac's roadmap.

--
Pauli Virtanen