[SciPy-dev] Definitions of pv, fv, nper, pmt, and rate

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Mon Jun 8 02:12:49 CDT 2009

Hi, folks.  Unable to find a printed reference for the definition we use to compute each of these functions, I posted a couple queries for help in this regard in the Discussion for fv
(http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.lib.financial.fv/#discussion-sec).  josef Pktd's reply (thanks!) just makes me even more doubtful that we're using the definition that most users from the financial community would be expecting.  At this point, I'd have to say, my position is: someone needs to refer me to a printed reference documenting this definition, or I contend that our implementation is "wrong" (or at least inconsistent with what's used in financial circles).

DG

PS: Some of the financial functions' help doc says they're unimplemented - are there plans to implement them, and if not, why do we have help doc for them?