[SciPy-dev] More on Summer NumPy Doc Marathon

Tue Jun 9 12:54:37 CDT 2009

Hi,

It's great to see the enthusiasm for getting started again, I hope we as
much or more done as last year.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM, David Goldsmith <d_l_goldsmith@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thanks, Bruce.
>
> --- On Tue, 6/9/09, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Great.
> > Can you provide the actual colors at the start for :
> >     * Edit white, light gray, or yellow
> >     * Don't edit dark gray
> > While not color-blind, not all browsers render the same
> > colors on all
> > operating systems etc.
> > What are you using for light gray or is that meant to be
> > blue. If it is
> > 'blue' then what does it mean?
> > It appears to be the same color used on the Front Page to
> > say 'Proofed'.
>
> Yes, by all means, I agree 100% (I'm having the same problem). :-)  In
> fact, I think (and have thought) that the light and dark grey and cyan are
> all too close to each other - anyone object to me replacing the greys w/
> orange and lavender?

Orange is already being used for "Needs review (revised)", and lavender
would be maybe be close to the blue that means Proofed. I assume the colors
where chosen together, if you want colors that are better distinguishable
pick all new ones. See for example here: http://colorschemedesigner.com/ and
compare "complement" to "tetrad".

> > What does the 'green' color mean?
> > The links says 'Reviewed (needs proof)'  but how does
> > one say 'proofed'.

Doc writers with standard permissions can not move pages to Proofed, the
idea is that a few qualified people do that I think. From
http://scipy.org/Developer_Zone :
"Please list yourself if you are willing to proofread whatever anyone has
written, have prepared manuscripts for publication, AND consider yourself an
English grammarian. If you know when to use "which" and when to use "that"
when introducing relative
clauses<http://separatedbyacommonlanguage.blogspot.com/2006/08/which-vs-that.html>,
and if "different than" stimulates you like nails on a blackboard, sign up
here!"

We want to get all docstrings up to Ready for Review, so no need to worry
about proofing too much yet.

> Cyan (if I understand you correctly).
>
> > Also the milestone link from the Front Page does not go
> > anywhere:
> > http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/#milestones
>
> Ooops, accidentally broke that editing the page to make the Milestones link
> more prominent - I'll fix it imminently.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> DG
> >
> > Bruce

Cheers,