[SciPy-dev] Mainly for the numpy doc wiki developers

David Goldsmith d_l_goldsmith@yahoo....
Wed Jun 10 02:15:02 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> David Goldsmith kirjoitti:
> > How hard would it be to add a ticket system to the
> Wiki?
>
> This depends on what you mean by a ticket system. The
> current comment
> system is a half-way hybrid to a ticket system, since you
> can "close"
> comments.
>
> Another question is also whether a new ticket system is
> necessary, given
> that we already have Trac, which already has a
> "Documentation" category.

"We already have Trac": is the Wiki built with (or is "on top of" the proper phrase) Trac?  It's Trac's ticket system that I'm familiar with and when I said "ticket system" it was Trac's system that I had in mind, so adding that would be ideal. :-)

My motivation for having one is largely selfish, but simultaneously masochistic: I'd like a way that is more auto-organizing than haphazard emails for receiving Wiki work requests.

> > On Tue, 6/9/09, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > > One other thing, would it be possible to get a
> permanent link to
> > > Milestones at the top of each page, next to
> Docstrings, Changes, etc?
> >
> > Certainly; the only question, Wiki Developers, is: can
> it be added
> > programatically (so that I don't have to add it
> manually to every page)?
>
> It's possible.

Great, thanks!

DG